SPONSOR PLAN SEEDS OF DREAMS
2020 – 2021
Provide comprehensive assistance and family support to both mothers and their children living in conditions of extreme poverty, victims of all types of violence (sexual, psychological, physical, etc.), in order to carry out projects that improve their living conditions and that allow us to strengthen and guarantee the rights of children and adolescents, creating an environment conducive to their development, as well as achieving a positive impact on society.
Both mothers and children personally attend the Paula Cristina Foundation on a weekly basis to receive workshops led by professional teachers and pedagogues, who will send their work plan for the following week. For moms we design workshops on Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Positive Discipline. In addition, we build programs that allow them to improve their self-esteem, work together to build action plans that lead them to make their dreams come true and can generate income in the near future to be self-sustaining. With children and adolescents, we work in programs of Prevention of sexual abuse, Prevention of Addictions, Prevention of Suicide and Values.
SPONSOR PLAN BACKGROUND:
The “Semillitas de Sueños” plan was born in October 2020 thanks to the nutritional support that we provide to different vulnerable families, where we had the opportunity to get to know closely so much affective need of these children and their mothers, to see how many of these family groups are made up by mothers head of the family and in many cases up to 5 or 6 dependent children, without any type of economic resource to survive other than the charity of the neighbors. These conditions led us to implement this support group through the foundation from where we have the opportunity to provide educational, recreational and entrepreneurial tools to create awareness in mothers to create their own opportunities and help them find their strengths for the good of their family; As well as for us, it is a great opportunity to have children in the foundation and work with them from an early age on the Prevention of Sexual Abuse.
WHAT POPULATION SERVES THE SPONSOR PLAN:
We have families from the Metropolitan Area (Itagüí, La Estrella, Caldas, Medellín)
HOW TO BECOME PART OF THE SPONSOR PLAN ?:
1. Apply and register the family (The mother or caregiver must commit to attend the scheduled activities).
2. A home visit is scheduled or the case is analyzed, depending on the referral.
3. They are entered into the database.
4. Through social networks and voice to voice, we begin the search for a suitable Sponsor for each child.
5. When you have the godparents, the children are assigned to them, prioritizing the date of registration and specific needs.
6. Assign the child to the sponsor and send him the personal data and the file so that he can learn a little about him.
7. Inform the mother or caregiver of acceptance to the program and summon her to fill out the forms and disseminate the plan.
WHAT ELSE DO WE DO WITH CHILDREN?
Our intention is that while they are in the Paula Cristina Foundation, they have the possibility to share, enjoy, explore and learn, in addition to fulfilling our mission with them and that is to Prevent Child and Adolescent Sexual Abuse. We always want to see their faces of happiness, so we celebrate special dates with them, schedule outings and create spaces where sponsors can meet and share with them.
DUTIES OF CHILDREN AND MOTHERS:
1. Attend activities punctually and at scheduled times.
2. Present yourself clean and neat to the Foundation.
3. Take care of the Foundation’s facilities and materials supplied.
4. Comply with the tasks assigned by the teachers.
5. Report absences on time and justify them.
6. Deliver the complete information of the children.
7. Pass a copy of the grades or reports from the schools (for those who study).
DUTIES OF SPONSORS:
1. Provide information required for our database and thus comply with the personal data policy.
2. Make the monthly contribution to the savings account of the Paula Cristina Foundation, Ahorros Bancolombia 27900038653 (During the first 5 days).
3. Request all the information required from the godchild through the Foundation staff and for no reason, contact the child’s family directly (this to avoid inconveniences that may be presented as breach of trust, bribes, among others ).
4. Report any news that occurs with the plan.
5. Take a real interest in the program and follow up on your godson’s process.
DUTIES OF THE FOUNDATION:
1. Have constant communication about the activities developed with the children.
2. Report to them, individually, the eventualities that may arise with respect to the plan or the children.
3. Make an adequate management of the resources assigned by the godparents and guarantee that they reach their godson directly.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE SPONSORS?
1. We give the children snacks.
2. We buy the necessary teaching material for the activities.
3. We pay the teachers who support us weekly.
4. We give specific help (medicines, transport, implements, food, etc.)
5. We cover the necessary expenses for extra activities (recreation, outings, etc.)
WITHDRAWAL OF CHILDREN FROM THE PLAN:
1. Unexcused absence from three sessions.
2. Lack of respect by a family member for any member of the Foundation.
3. Change of residence.
4. Lack of commitment to the activities carried out. Premise: Treat everyone with respect and the love we deserve. “When you Sponsor a Child, you are making two great effects in your life, you are changing someone’s life and you are transforming your essence, because when we understand that life is not about treasuring, but about sharing and helping whoever need, you transcend and find the true meaning of being human ”.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH